martes, 11 de agosto de 2020

What love does


                                       
                                             "How can something so beautiful be so ungodly?"



Rehab


I surrender to the cadence of phatic words

and opium-based melodies,

because no matter how hard I try,

no drug will ever 

taste like you.



Once again


Long phone calls

after midnight.

Stolen smiles

that come unannounced.

Explaining yourself,

over and over again.

The feeling of a

retrieved love.

Second chances

of infinite extension.



Immorality


Your eyes are auburn

and deadly,

beaming and

pernicious.


Chaos 

follows you

like a loyal shadow.


I gloat

at the lethal douceur

of your presence,

unperturbed.


Your eyes meet mine,

and my heart stings with 

bliss

and affliction.


And I ask myself

How can something so beautiful

be so ungodly?



- paula luzia


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario